Monday 11 July 2011

Kiss...


My little sister, Claire, got married last year and amazingly her and Scott's first anniversary is on the 17th July, how fast did that go past! I know the first anniversary is paper so I wanted to craft something for them..

I saw the little wooden word "Kiss" in Hobbycraft and thought it might fit the bill. I had covered a "Welcome" sign for my craft room door and thought I could do something similar.

I cut round the word in Fancy Pants paper and then distress the edges with Rusty hinge and black soot. I went for the regal crown (cheap as chips from hobbycraft) and Tim's idelaogy Philosphy tag - Cherish.

I wanted to put a heart and key on it - "key to your heart " type thought. I ended up with 2 paper flowers that have been hanging around my craft room forever, a small wooden button heart picked up at the Christmas Craft show at the NEC and yet again a couple of pieces of silk offcuts from LB Crafts (what am I going to do when they run out!). Claire is always up for a bit of bling so I glitter modge podged it all over to seal it and add that magic sparkle! Congratulations Claire and Scott on a wonderful year!

1 comment: