Tuesday 12 July 2011

"Be still my beating heart!"





For my Sister and Brother-in-laws first anniversary I made the "Kiss" sign but still wanted to make a card to go with it. I decided to have a go at the Grungy Monday 15 challenge technique. It uses Tim Holtz "distressed enamel" technique. I used distress ink in Pumice stone and then clear embossed over it. I must admit I am not sure I managed to flick enough powder off it this time. I choose to use fired brick as the top ink, I'm not sure to the best success. For stamps I used the "be still my beating heart" from the Unity Stamp beloved collection and a Stampin up Style beautiful stamp. The hinge was Tim's Hardware findings Bigz die and a little bit of paper lace lifted it a bit.

I got distracted by CraftGossip.com by some little felt brooches. A fantastic tutorial by
Jennifer Ackerman-Haywood at Craft Sanity by and decided to combine the projects. I used the Sissix heart with wings die to cut three layers of felt but cut the wings off 2 layers. I then beaded around the heart and popped a few clear beads on the wings. A brooch pin on the back and it again is something that will out last the card and occasion.


It is a bit of a miss mash of styles but thats me, spots and stripes, Checks and florals... chuckle!

1 comment: